IPS e.max Surface Texture, Stain & Glaze
Held at our training facilities in Leicester, the focus of this course is IPS e.max Ceram Shades & Essence materials this being the main component of the IPS e.max system. With this in mind the majority of this course is devoted to staining techniques in conjunction with pre pressed restorations.
Next Course Date
The initial section of programme covers the preparation of the pre pressed frameworks, these will include both anterior and posterior restorations.
The training program will cover in detail the process of producing natural surface texture, initial characterisation and more advanced techniques with which to colour and add shade to the pressed frameworks. Furthermore, ingot selection and shade determination of the fully anatomical pressings will be included. The course concludes with techniques used for achieving natural looking surfaces via glazing and polishing.
Suitable for both less experienced ceramists and those more experienced, this course provides the perfect introduction to the IPS e.max system.
Aims and objectives
- Understand the significance of accurate anatomic waxing
- Learn how to determine ingot selection given differing tooth preparation shades
- Understand the significance of the different ingot translucencies when matching shades
- Learn how to produce realistic surface texture
- Understand the importance of correct trimming and adjustment of Lithium Disilicate and the adverse effects of incorrect procedures
- Learn how to stain and glaze full pressed units in order to create realistic results
- Understand how to evenly glaze combinations of press and layered surfaces when present on the same unit